Saturday, June 30, 2007

Finally Back!

The last few weeks (or June) have been extremely hectic for me. I know I was curt with people (friends, family) - stress level was high and no time to entertain non-work related matter. So sorry about that.

I hardly saw my family last week at all. It was spent working, weekends included. Finally the event proper ended last night. Today the guests will be departing Singapore and hopefully there are no problems on that end.

But so far everything went well. Thanks to the support of everyone who also worked on the event. Organizing or managing an event is really like the conductor of an orchestra. Everyone plays a part and they need to watch for the cues of the conductor. It can also be likened to a general leading a team of soldiers. It is definitely a team effort - from the venue side, catering, presenters, speakers, mic staff, interpreters, travel, accommodations, designers, printers, etc.

Not an easy task. Not everyone can do it full time. I will go crazy if I am doing it full time. Once in a while is still ok. Kudos to those who made event organizing their forte.

But now I am back - be catching up on posts and postings.

No comments: