Sunday, August 19, 2007

Shopping with Vouchers


Yesterday turned out to be a shopping day! I thought it would just be tea with the girls and then home to rest. But I discovered my brand new cream gloss (Full Kiss - finally bought it after lemming for it since 2002 or 2003) from Helena Rubinstein (HR) leaked. There was a hole at the end of the tube and it stained my gwp bag from HR. The girls said I should be able to get an exchange for the cream gloss and so it was a trip down to Isetan Scotts after the tea. And from there it snowballed into a shopping trip :)

The BA at HR was pretty nice about it. I managed to exchange the gloss but my color was still out of stock. I have a feeling they will not be stocking this any time soon. So after much deliberation and testing, I got another color - Flush (quite neutral, peachy nude thing). The other color I was trying was Bed Red - an orange based fire engine red. It was that bright! Now I remembered the color I was lemming for, it was Carmine Passion which I have not seen in a long while, maybe the reason why I never really buy Full Kiss previously. The BA also gave me a new gwp bag after she learnt that I stained my current one with the cream gloss. I didn't even ask if I could have a new one, she just offered. Now that is delighting the customer. Something small but within her autonomy, but which made the customer happy. More companies should empower their staff with the flexibility to do such little stuff, instead of being very controlling on how gwp/samples should be given out here.

We popped over to see the bags and Nine West is on sale, 50% off on selected items. I bought a bag which I was eyeing previously. So yay, I managed to use my Isetan vouchers for that. Then it was to Topshop where I spent again, using my voucher there. Lol, I have too many vouchers to use. Instead of 1 undies, I bought 2 cos they were so cute! It said "You Rock" on 1, and "Groupie" on the other. And there was a picture of a skull for "You Rock" on the front, and a picture of a guitar on the front for "Groupie". The end season sale is still on, and I also picked up a bikini which is so spring/summery with its bright cheerful candy stripes.

It was to DFS after that and over there I was a good girl. Didn't buy anything at all :p Final stop was La Senza at Paragon where the end season sale was still on with 70% off. I remembered I still have my Style$ to spend at Paragon so I picked up a few stuff. In a total purple mood with 2 bras and 3 undies - all in purple!

Oh and at the tea, Agnes passed me the Old Navy bikini bottom which I ordered to match the top I already have. So now I have the complete set of the stars and stripes bikini :) Also got the Stila Pretty Pansy and Pussycat Doll palette from her.

A total shopping day. I love spending with vouchers :D

No comments: