Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Greenhouse @ Ritz Carlton, 31 March 2010

Yes, I went back to the Greenhouse to celebrate my cousin's birthday. It was a quiet affair with just the two of us. I saw this bowl of chocolate on the way in and just could not resist it. I needed something chocolaty to boost my mood and started with this. It was not chocolate mousse or pudding as expected. Instead it was a light sponge-like cake underneath the liquid chocolate which was not sweet nor bitter. A chocolate mousse or truffle would have hit the spot.
It was off to the cold section. I decided to skip the Japanese this time and headed for the raw oysters (super fresh) which were plump and juicy. The clams were average to me and the prawns were sweet.

I was tempted by the naan and Indian selection. Unfortunately the naan was a bit tough and not as good as those served in Indian restaurants. The beef rendang was a bit on the sweet side but it was nice, likewise for the fish tikka which was fresh and a bit spicy.

I was super hungry since I only had a light meal for the entire day, so I decided to get a plate of mains ~ greens with wolfberries (yummy), garlic prawns (crunchy), steamed fish, ee mee, mushrooms and roast baby potatoes and sweet potatoes. Carbo overload :p
I decided to try the chili crab again. Unfortunately this batch was not as good as the one I had the week before. The gravy was more watery and lacked the punch of the chili taste. Quite watered down. The spinach cheese gnocchi was good though.

Finally, dessert time. Strangely the spread was mostly filled with chocolate items. My kind of heaven :p The chocolate truffle cake and creme brulee were divine as usual. But the surprise was the small pyramid chocolate.
It was peanut butter inside the chocolate casing. Sublime. Salty peanut butter mixed with the sweet chocolate. It was like Reese's peanut butter cups.
I ended the feast with two scoops of ice cream ~ rum and raisin and chocolate. I'm glad they changed the bowl into a smaller one with smaller scoops as I just could not finish it. I just wanted a few spoonfuls for a taste.

No comments: