Sunday, November 27, 2011

Basilico, Regent Hotel - Restaurant Week 2011

One of my favorite Italian restaurants in Singapore is Basilico over at The Regent Singapore. It has been around for many years and is known for decent, fresh and good Italian food, helmed by Italian chefs. I was delighted to know it was one of the restaurants in Restaurant Week October 2011 and swiftly booked a slot for dinner.

I like this concept of a antipasti and dessert buffet with a choice of main course. There were around 9 items on the list and I had a hard time selecting what I would like to have.

I love the antipasti spread at Basilico. There were many types of cured meat from Italy, including parma ham, and the variety of honey to go with the numerous wheels of cheese. My favorite was the duck rillette with toast and the grilled vegetables and asparagus. The cheese went very well with the truffle honey too.

I chose the risotto with foie gras and truffle porcino for my main as I was avoiding seafood then. It was toothsome and the foie gras was gorgeous with the soft tender flesh wobbling. It brought out the flavor of the risotto very well.

TT had the Angus beef in red wine sauce and this was also very good. The meat was done nicely.

JK had the lamb chop which was superbly done. It was not too gamey tasting.

No dessert pictures but I love the gelato and the mini cakes and tarts. Wonderful service and dinner at Basilico.





No comments: