Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 28 - 30 September 2013


A bit late to the party, but I finally made it to Ho Chi Minh City last month. Several of my friends went to Vietnam a few years ago, and 3 of them actually went in the same year at different times with their families. All experienced diarrhea and maybe that turned me off Vietnam.

I don't know when but somehow it got into my head that maybe I should just go to Ho Chi Minh City at least, to visit Cu Chi Tunnel and have street food like pho and bahn mi. Oh, probably it was when my cousins went to HCMC many times and so I wanted to go since 2010 or so. Finally when Jetstar had a promotion and a friend asked if I wanted to go Vietnam, I said yes.

It was quite spontaneous as she asked in the morning, I checked the tickets, messaged back on dates and tickets were booked. All done within 2 hours. Then came the waiting...but it was quite alright as I took the time to just check on hotels and things to do.

What can I say? 3 days is not enough, especially when we only have 1 full day. 4 days will probably be better. But I like Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). And no food poisoning at all.

The picture is of Rex Hotel. A historical place during the Vietnam War.




No comments: