Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Plonk


What a name! Plonk. Then I found out it's Aussie slang for wine or cheap wine. I happened by this place on a Friday night when most places are closed in Serangoon Garden.

I like the open concept with no walls or doors to break the flow from the inside to the walkway. It is airy, spacious and quite cozy. It serves proper food, bar snacks, tapas and pizza. It also has a good selection of drinks including sangria. 

As we just wanted drinks and something to munch on, we ordered a jug of mojito and pizza. The mojito tasted weak though it was refreshing. The alcohol still got to me by my second glass. 

The wood fired pizza was of the thin crust variety, similar to Skinny Pizza but slightly thicker. We chose the one with iberico ham and mushroom and that was good. 

The washrooms are on the second level and look even cozier with couches and tables by the window. 

I will return to try the other dishes. Halloumi is on the special menu for those in love with that. 

No comments: