Monday, July 30, 2007

Broken Nails

Another unsexy post.

My toe nail broke into half and came off today. It is quite scary to see the flesh instead of nail. It chipped a couple of weeks back and I noticed there was a spilt in the center from the side. Today, it decided to come off. I hope it is nothing serious and with no full nail to protect the nail bed, I won't get any infections.

Then I noticed the toe nail on the other foot is also going to come off. The pedicurist did mention there was also a spilt on that toe but I didn't see it, so I didn't bother much. But now it is so obvious and it is even worse. The spilt is about 3/4 down the toe so if that comes off, only 1/4 of the toe will be covered with nail leaving the rest exposed.

I have never had this happened to me before. So on the left foot, the 3rd toe is 1/2 covered with nail. And on the right foot, the 4th toe might be left with only 1/4 of nail. I am hoping my nails will grow faster so that when it eventually falls off, it will be at least 1/2 covered.

Anyone has any suggestions on how to protect nails?

No comments: