Saturday, August 21, 2010

Brunch at Canele, Shaw Centre

Isn't that a lovely sight for sore eyes? Somehow when I want to have brunch, there simply needs to have an egg dish, even better when it is poached or sunny side up so that I can taste the burst of runny gooey egg yolk oozing in my mouth.

I decided to order the crepe with Paris ham, emmental cheese and egg. This was the first time I tried the crepe at Canele and it did not disappoint. The crepe was lightly browned and the leafy veggies made a perfect foil against the savory egg, ham and cheese. Really nice!

I also ordered the corn and crab chowder which came with a basket of toast and butter. The creamy soup was tasty and filled with lots of crab meat and corn.

It was the perfect way to start the day. It was still so quiet at 11am that we were the only patrons sitting at the outdoor area. A treat to enjoy the peace and quiet before the streets come alive again.

No comments: