Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Kitoko Kalani Face Sheet Masks

I am just so lazy to mask my face (as I find it a hassle to do it at home when I am always in glasses) that it is quite a marvel I actually bought these face sheet masks from Kitoko Kalani at one of the numerous beauty shops in Toa Payoh when I was in the area. I guessed I was partially sold on the products by the sales assistant. She was good enough not to use the usual tactic. Instead she was not pushy and when she saw me paused and took a look at the rows of sheet masks again, she just casually recommended the "Coenzyme 10" to me, saying that my skin is already pretty good, just a bit dehydrated around the mouth area, so that would be better for me.

I decided to try them as I was thinking they would be nice gifts to get for my girlfriends (who are more into skincare products and face sheet masks than I am) if they are good. The nice SA just selected the masks for me to try.

~ Coenzyme 10 (rejuvenating)
~ Collagen (firming)
~ Lingzhi (regenerate and radiant)
~ Sake Yeast (renewal and replenish)
~ Pearl (smoothing and radiant)

There were about 10 or more types of masks available but what I have are meant for hydration and better for sensitive skin.

I decided to try the Coenzyme 10 when I got home. The sheet mask was soaked with the serum and felt thick and gooey though it was not watery enough to drip all over my face. Ok, you could probably tell I hardly use sheet mask that it seemed like a big production for me. The fit of the mask was good, all the cut outs were where they were supposed to be.

After 15mins or so, I massaged in the liquid on my face and used the remainder on my neck area as recommended by the SA. It felt a bit sticky. After another 5-10 mins, the liquid was absorbed into the skin and had dried.

Wow! I was pretty much amazed by it after that. My skin was extremely smooth, similar to the skin texture after cleansing. The only difference was the smoothness remained. The fine lines around the mouth area were visibly reduced.

So I am pretty happy with the mask at the moment. I was told to mask 2x a week. Let's see if I will be that diligent :p

Kitoko Kalani is from Japan though the sheet masks were made in Taiwan. I do like the packaging. The brown paper attracted me more than the usual plastic packaging of the typical sheet masks.



No comments: