Saturday, February 09, 2013

Christmas Eve Dinner - 24 December 2012

I touched down in Vancouver on Dec 23 and spent Christmas in Canada. My friend celebrated Christmas with a dinner on Christmas Eve. It was a simple affair, with a hearty home cooked food, with a touch of Romanian dishes.

It was a wonderful Christmas eve dinner with old friends and new friends. Just a cozy evening in a cold country and Christmas lights all around. Being back in Canada was still like going home. I guess Canada will always be a home to me, it is where I grew up to being an adult. A place which taught me to be independent, to drive, to analyze, to vote, to drink, to know every little bit counts.





Store bought apple pie which was delicious, and I hardly buy pies from the grocery store.

Another store bought dessert - baklava

My favorite dish of the night - Cabbage rolls. Minced meat and veggies stuffed into cabbage leaves and then boiled in a tomato infused soup.



The turkey!

Black forest cake from Superstore which was also pretty good.


Romanian soup - meatball soup which was great for the cold weather.

My dinner plate. Stuffed from all the food.




No comments: