Saturday, February 16, 2013

Another birthday, another year :)


I received this yesterday :) The FedEx guy actually came the day before, on the day of my birthday but alas, our doorbell was not working so nobody heard him. I found the failed delivery notice when I came home and was going to throw it away. Reason was I was not expecting any parcel, plus I received another delivery at about the same time. My friend sent something and the person called my friend when nobody answered the doorbell. So my friend was able to contact me and I called home to get someone to receive that parcel. So I thought maybe the failed delivery notice was from that parcel. 

Luckily I called my friend to check if she used FedEx and if I could throw away that notice. She asked me to check the tracking online or call the customer service as she did not use FedEx. I did and found out it was a parcel from the USA. Phew! 


It was a birthday gift, with a card (birthday and Valentine and CNY wishes) from Harry & David, my favorite store for truffles in the States. A basket full of assorted cookies in a wire-mesh cloth covered basket. Useful. I could use it when the cookies are all gone. 


There are a lot of cookies in there. 

  • 6 Blackberry Galettes (0.67 oz. each)
  • 2 Apple Raisin Cookies (1 oz. each)
  • 2 Giant Chocolate-Chocolate Chunk Cookies (3 oz. each)
  • 2 Giant Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies (3 oz. each)
  • 2 White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies (1 oz. each)
  • 2 Macadamia Chocolate Chip Cookies (1.1 oz. each)
  • 2 Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies (1.2 oz. each)
  • 2 Moose Munch Cookies (1 oz. each)
It has been a wonderful birthday, celebrating it with friends and family on the actual day and days before and after it. 

I didn't even know Harry & David delivers internationally. Apparently it is limited selection for International delivery though. I guess it is due to the delicate nature of foodstuff. But I am very happy with the cookies and the thought behind it. Plus it was delivered on my birthday even though the expected date given by the company was much later. 

No comments: