Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pink wallet for 2015


A friend sent me an article about your wallet and fengshui. After reading it, I was thinking maybe I should try it.


I am on the fence about fengshui. I don't believe in it, nor do I think it is all hocus pocus. I do find it interesting but I have never actively done something about it. I think my thoughts about fengshui will be more from the traditional metaphysics side of it, and not from the school where one needs to buy things to avoid bad luck or to get good luck.

Anyway, back to the wallet. I had noticed that I spent more when I was using my red wallet. So after 6 months or a year, I decided to change wallet to see if I will spend less. I did. For most of my life (school time and at least 7-8 years of working life), I used a brown or black wallet. A wallet is so personal that when you are used to one and it serves its function, it is hard to change wallet or keep changing it like you do a bag (I hate switching bags too).

I started using a colored wallet several years ago when I bought a light blue Agnes B wallet. I loved that color. I noticed that was the start of my slippery slope into buying designer bags too. From that light blue wallet, I changed to a red wallet. I like red and the common thinking is that red means prosperity. What I saw was my spending just skyrocketed, and the scary part was thinking a few thousand dollars was no big deal. It was not like I was earning big bucks (5-digit monthly salary). I decided I better switched to something of a darker shade. I bought a navy wallet but I did not feel any affinity to it and very quickly found my HG wallet - anthracite (dark grey coal color) with magenta (purple) interior. I did not see anything adverse happening with using it. I spend but within limit and reason, but I don't see myself saving that much. The time when I can save a lot or have more money in the bank was when I was using the brown and black wallets.

Some will say it is a coincidence and that I have less to spend when younger and I had a higher income and so spent more when using the red wallet. While it is true my income is higher when using the red wallet, it is not necessary for me to spend more than necessary. So there is a bit of truth in wallet color to me.

And so I decided to get a black wallet. My old black wallet was gone as it was spoilt, which was why I got the light blue wallet then. I really did love that wallet. After telling a friend, I was told I should get the pink wallet first, reason being I have more earning power years than maybe relationship years :p Well, it is not that true but yeah no harm trying.

So yes, I went and bought myself an early birthday present and something for the new year. The lighting is not that great, but it is a pale pink called Pout Pink from Kate Spade. Let's see if it will really increase love and relationship luck. As the interior has black and white stripes, my friend said it is a pink and black wallet! So killing two birds with one stone? Maybe I will increase wealth a bit too.

For those interested:
http://fengshuibeginner.com/learn-wallet-feng-shui-tips-to-attract-wealth/

No comments: