Sunday, June 27, 2010

Botan ~ Far East Square

The pictures posted by a friend had got me salivating over the food at Botan. So when I was in the vicinity, I just had to try it.

The lunch bentos were pretty affordable at around $16 to $25 or so. I chose the Saba bento. It came with a portion of the mackeral (saba), sashimi, miso soup, chawanmushi, some oden and special dish (tofu and meat which reminded me of ma po dou fu).

Maybe I should not have a high expectation as I felt a bit disappointed with the food. The quality was ok, maybe just slightly above average. But even the saba set from Sun with Moon was of a bigger portion and fresh. This seemed to be just heated up.

It was still much better than the usual Sushi Tei or Sakae Sushi.

Darn! I am too spoiled by Inagiku quality of Japanese food. Then again even Sun with Moon at Chijmes quality is equally good too.

No comments: