Sunday, February 19, 2012

2012 Birthday at The Fat Cat

I have heard a lot about The Fat Cat over at Jalan Riang and I always wanted to try, especially after I went to Jules Cafe which is just next door. The concept is similar to Bar Bar Black Sheep at Bukit Timah area where it served 3 types of cuisines - Indian, Thai and Western (French/Italian) - from 3 different stalls.

I decided to go with healthy as I had Indian food for 2 consecutive days and I really needed to stay off the rich gravy and fatty stuff. I ordered the baked sea bass with balsamic sauce and roasted potatoes and broccoli. I also had French Onion soup.

The soup was a light clear broth with slices of cooked onions and a slice of bread topped with cheese. It was so-so, not the best I had. The sea bass was fabulous. The meat was fresh, moist and sweet. It went very well with the buttery broccoli and roast potatoes.

I cheated on the diet (well with the super sweet tequila sunrise, I had cheated) and tried the butter prawn and butter chicken with garlic naan (pinched from friends' orders) and also had tastings of the duck red curry, rojan josh and basil chicken and tealeave salad. All pretty good.

I actually went to work in the morning instead of taking the whole day off. I had the afternoon off and spent it at the spa and hair salon. No birthday lunch with cousin as I was counting calories, plus I still could not chew much, so the food would be wasted if we went for our usual Japanese food.

After spending over 3 hours at the spa, I felt too kneaded and tired to do that. I don't think I want to do so much treatments in a day now - massage, steam bath, facial and then foot massage were too tiring at the end of it :p

I tried a new salon to perm my hair. The result was pretty good. The stylist did side parting for me, back to what I used to have when I was a teenager. It made quite a big difference. The curls were softer and he did inner texturizing of my hair so that it would not be too big at the bottom. So far most of my friends love it :)

A new look for the new year and birthday. Fantastic!

No comments: