Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Longhorn Tex-Mex, Orchard Hotel Shopping Arcade

I don't remember the exact name of this place which serves tex-mex food but it kinda reminds me of the States. It is quite a hole in the wall place and if you imagine hard enough, you can almost think you are not in Singapore. The location is totally wrong, being in the basement of Orchard Hotel Shopping Arcade where Subway is too.

But the decor with its wooden saloon swing-door, pool table, scarred bar top with televisions on the sports stations, and basic tex-mex food, is quite commonly found in the States.

We shared the nachos and this was one of the best nachos I have ever tasted. I was never a big fan of nachos as I felt most places just dumped the toppings over the tortilla chips. This did not look great but the taste was better than expected. The tortilla chips were toasted, and I suspected the combination of the minced beef and black beans made the difference in the taste.

We ordered the fajita for two and it included beef, chicken, prawns and rice on the sizzling hot plate.

The tortilla wrap was huge. I would much prefer the size in Cafe Iguana. I felt the fajita was average. Maybe it was the presentation, it just did not make the whole dining experience to be "wow".

This is really a no-frills, take it as it is place which serves basic good/average food to be washed down by a bottle of beer.


No comments: