Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Weekly Chiropractic Treatment

I have "graduated" again and am now on the "once a week" chiropractic treatment plan. This is considered the maintenance stage.

Frankly I no longer feel like I need to be adjusted to feel good like when I was on the 3x a week plan. That is good as that means I don't feel any achy-ness or tension. I also don't feel like I am in pain constantly.

I don't think I am addicted to the treatment either as I can live without it for a week and still feel good. I think having regular chiropractic treatment makes me more in tune with my body now. I am much more aware of my posture when I am sitting or when I am working. I take great care not to overstrain myself.

Of course sometimes I still get a bit of ache or soreness, but nothing like what it used to be. That is progression indeed. Plus the chiropractor can also make me feel better when I had the cold. Somehow he was able to "pop" my blocked ears or reduce the pressure on the ENT.

Some things I have also discovered. I tend to get a bit of soreness if I wear high heels now, especially in the hips or lower back area.

My last major pain was when my upper left shoulder was frozen due to sms-ing too much for work-related matters. I actually had an osteopath take a look at it since my chiropractor was not available.

Finally, I can tell the difference of what the osteopath and chiropractor do. Maybe I am bias....but I think the chiropractor can treat it much faster than the osteopath :p I don't think one is necessarily better than the other, but I think it probably depends on your condition before seeking either one.

So for the moment, I try not to wear high heels that often, and to watch my posture when at work.

I am so looking forward to the day when I only need to go in for treatment once a month or even once every quarter.

1 comment:

Dr. Dylan said...

Hi Carolyn!

First of all, I want to say a big thank you for all of your kind words. I know at times things were could be a challenge; though to date, you have indeed not only come a long way, but done great with your treatment (granted your commitment to getting yourself well with Chiropractic care has truly helped, realizing that a lot of times it takes time and repetition, so kudos to you!

Your blog post has indeed also helped spread the word about chiropractic in Singapore; something I imagine a few people who would also like to thank you :) for doing!

Just wanted to "pop" in (no pun intended :)for a quick one to say "Thank you" for all of your kind words, time and thoughtfulness in not just allowing me to help you, but allowing me to help those who have come to read your blog post as well.

I wish you continued great health and I too look forward to the day when we can continue to decrease your treatment frequency; just remember, if you do "feel" you need to be adjusted sooner, "listen" to your body, we can always push the subsequent appointment back a bit, no problem.

I look forward to continuing to participate with your health care and thank you for your trust and kind consideration.

In best of health, naturally,

"Dr. D"