Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Awfully Chocolate Ice Cream ~ VivoCity

I was back at VivoCity and popped by Awfully Chocolate when Celest said she wanted ice cream. Unfortunately there was only one type of ice cream over at Awfully Chocolate ~ Hei (black) ice cream. So Celest did not order any but I decided to get a scoop just so I can say I have tried it.

I love the container it came in. The kitschy American-style Chinese take-out box (actually most places in North America use tin foil containers for Chinese take out now) with a little plastic handle. It was a very generous one scoop of ice cream. At $3.80 it was a very good deal.

Awfully Chocolate truly deserves its name to serve all things chocolaty. It is quite a heaven for chocoholics (read = dark chocolate lovers) as they do not stint on the quantity and quality of chocolate. I liken the ice cream to having cold chocolate. It was more chocolaty than creamy.

The plastic spoon was big and more than adequate for scooping out the ice cream. The only drawback was the sharpness of the spoon. The edge was a bit too fine and sharp.

The chocolate truffles were equally gorgeous. Sinfully rich with a hint of bitter aftertaste, it was just pure heaven on tongue. Now, I just need to try the cold-poached chocolate and other cakes and I would be very happy.

==============================
It seemed that everyone is talking about Awfully Chocolate lately. After I tried the cupcake and then the ice cream, a colleague brought a chocolate cake from Awfully Chocolate to work. So I finally had a slice of the cake after so many years. It was a simple sponge cake with good chocolate that was not very sweet at all. Very nice!

Then I read about the owner of Awfully Chocolate in the local papers. So yes, the cosmic seemed to be shining upon on Awfully Chocolate at the moment :)

2 comments:

^cherie said...

I need to get my arse down to Vivo this weekend!!!!!!!

carolyn said...

Oohhh...you have to. I think you will like it :)