Sunday, July 25, 2010

May 5th Dinner at Greenhouse, Ritz Carlton

I think this was my last dinner buffet over at Greenhouse in Ritz Carlton. Mmmm....I just loved the fresh sashimi and appetizers. The sushi could be a bit of a "hit and miss" as sometimes they would be dry and hard. Maybe it depend on the timing?

This was the first time I ever ordered the ramen from the station. It was surprisingly pretty decent. The noodles were al dente and the broth was flavorful without being too overpowering. You could choose what seafood or meat as toppings. The egg could be better, then again I much preferred the semi-hardboiled egg from Marutama Ramen with its semi-solid wobbly egg yolk.

I guessed I kinda overdosed on too much food from previous dinners at Greenhouse, so I did not take the chili crabs during this meal. I had the beef bourguignon which was still very good with its tender meat and "marmite" (maybe it should be "bovril") tasting sauce. The cereal prawns were yummy but the risotto with truffle and cheese was not that fantastic.

The Indian food which I used to like was no longer as nice. It was pretty average now, with nothing that stood out.

Finally the desserts. I fell in love with rum and raisin ice cream after having it a few times at Greenhouse. My two favorite flavors ~ rum and raisin and chocolate. So nice to have them together. The chocolate truffle cake was another of my favorite way to end the meal.

No comments: