Monday, July 19, 2010

Modesto's at VivoCity

After watching Letters to Juliet, we were tempted to find an Italian restaurant for fine, fresh dishes to indulge in. The first place which came into my mind is Modesto's. I was not sure if there were any other places serving Italian food over there.

Anyway, Modesto's at VivoCity is definitely not the place for fine, good Italian food. Somehow the quality of the food at that outlet always is not up to par.

The bruschetta which was grilled bread topped with chopped tomatoes, basil, oregano and garlic and olive oil. It was not too bad. I would like it better if the bread was more grilled/toasted and not too watery. Maybe that would be from the fresh juicy tomatoes.

JK ordered the Linguine Alla Modesto ~ linguine with prawns, crab, squid, olives, mussels, clams, capers, garlic, white wine and tomato sauce. This was the only item which was very good. It had a slight woodsy smoky taste which was gorgeous.

I ordered the mushroom ravioli with saffron walnut sauce. It was actually pretty nice if they made the ravioli properly. The pasta was too tough, especially at the edges. I thought it was not cooked long enough and sent it back. I was not sure what they did but when it was brought back to me, there was not much difference. And it was the exact same plate cos I had a half sliced ravioli and it came back with that intact. So maybe they popped it into the microwave? Then obviously it would not work.

In the end, I trimmed away the edges and just ate the mushrooms with the sauce.

We decided to sit outside and enjoy the night breeze and view of Resort World Sentosa. Our meal with a carafe of white wine.

I seriously think the Modesto's at Orchard Parade Hotel is still way better in food quality. Of course there is always Prego at Fairmont but it can get a bit tiring to always dine there. I should go back to Da Paolo and Pasta Brava and the other Italian places which are so not in town area :p

No comments: