Sunday, January 16, 2011

15 January 2011 - Homecooked Italian Dinner

After obsessing for a few days on finding pecorino cheese to make a true Italian pasta carbonara, it finally came to fruition over the weekend. I found the cheese! Yay!

The pretty box is from Icing Room where C bought muffins from for dessert. Unfortunately the box cannot be kept since there are marks on it from the muffins.

Bruschetta and garlic bread. I am particularly proud of this simple starter as I actually made the garlic butter to spread on the bread.

Linguine Carbonara - so simple that it is unbelievable. I followed Rick Stein's recipe and it was as easy as ABC once you find all the ingredients. No cream is involved in making this, making it a light carbonara which is the Italian way.

I happened to find a pack of brussels sprouts and chestnuts and just had to try making it. I used Rachael Ray's recipe which was also relatively fuss free.

Dessert - muffins from Icing Room. We had it warm with a scoop of ripple ice cream and a cup of tea from Toast Box. Yummy.

The meal was all the more better with great company and conversation.

No comments: