Monday, July 23, 2012

Artisan Bread by Bakerzin, Serangoon Gardens

Chocolate Chip Muffin
I went to Serangoon Gardens Village recently and was quite enthralled by how much the area has changed. I used to go there every weekend growing up as my piano teacher lived there. Plus my maternal grandmother and various uncles and aunts used to live in the big house there before they sold the place many years back.

I remembered the old bus interchange in the gardens before it became just a bus stop and then with part of it converted into a parking lot. Some things remained the same while others had evolved. So the mini mall was finally built and with it came with several eateries such as Relish, Da Paolo Gastronomia, Udders and Bakerzin Artisan Bakery to name a few.

The breads and buns looked attractive and just slightly different from other bakeries. I was keen to try the muffin as it had a real proper muffin top. It could be quite hard to find a muffin with the huge overhang as most looked more like cupcakes in Singapore.

Taste-wise, it was average. The sides were slightly crispy and it was full of chocolate chips. The muffin was a bit crumbly and dry when kept for the next day. I guessed I still missed the muffins from Mmmuffins in Canada. That was still my ultimate muffin treat, especially the banana nut and butterscotch pecan. Yumz.

No comments: