Saturday, July 21, 2012

Grilled Cheese Roll and Adult Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Grilled Cheese Roll and Grilled Cheese with Onion Sandwich
I was on a mission to find the perfect macaroni and cheese recipe and along the way I found many versions of grilled cheese sandwiches and decided to whip up something quick, just so I could try them. I could be funny that way. I read. I saw. I made. All in the same day, but only because I already had those ingredients handy :p

Grilled Cheese Roll Recipe:
Ingredients:
1. bread slices
2. cheese slices
3. butter


Method:
1. Remove the crust from the bread and flatten bread.
2. Butter 1 side of the bread and place a slice of cheese on the unbuttered side.
3. Roll the bread and place on the pan seam side down.
4. The cheese will melt as it gets heated up and it will seal the seam. Slowly roll the bread to brown evenly. 

Adult Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Ingredients:
1. bread slices

2. cheese slices
3. butter
4. onions


Method:
1. Slice onions and saute till caramelized. Set aside.
2. Butter 1 side of bread and place on pan. Add cheese on the unbuttered side and pile on the caramelized onions.
3. Grind black pepper over it and cover with another slice of bread, with buttered side up.
4. Flip over the sandwich when it turned a bit brown.
5. As it sizzles on the other side, flip over again to cook it further or till desired brownness. 


Grilled Gouda Sandwich

This is the regular grilled cheese sandwich with gouda cheese and multigrain bread. You could also make ham and cheese toasties with this method of grilling.

No comments: