Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hot Star Large Chicken at Nex Shopping Mall

I must have been living under a rock as I have never heard of Hot Star Large Chicken until I saw it being featured in a Takashimaya Flyer. Apparently it is the big thing in Taiwan and now it is available in Singapore. After a friend told me Nex Shopping Mall has it, I decided to pop by and try it.



There were several flavors and I chose the original. You could also get chicken cubes, popcorn chicken and sweet potato fries and drinks.


After paying the cashier, you will have to wait for them to grill and deep fry the chicken pieces. Looking at the vat of oil, you know this is not an everyday snack or meal to have.


The freshly fried chicken waiting to be seasoned with flavors and spices. It is huge!


They will not cut into smaller pieces for you and it is served whole in a paper bag. I brought it home and put it on an oval plate. The chicken is partly breast meat with some bones and a bit of thigh. A bit too floury for me but not too bad.

The best chicken bits I had was still in Taiwan but sadly I could not remember the name of it though it could be found everywhere. It was only nice when it was hot and crispy.

No comments: