Saturday, November 18, 2006

Afternoon Tea @ Bar & Billiard Room

I finally got to try the afternoon tea at the Bar & Billiard Room in Raffles Hotel last Sunday. There were 2 sets available - English and Asian. The food was served in the 3-tiered silver stands. I like the selection of tea as it was a huge list available, including white tea, green tea, chinese tea and the various English tea.

Food wise, it is a bit skimpy as it is non-refillable. Maybe I am so used to having more food than I can handle. Hehe. However, the portions are quite alright, more than enough for one actually as it can be filling.


The set on the foreground is the Asian set - it has more Asian kuehs e.g. lapis, ondeh ondeh, pineapple tart and others. The savory items are more of the dim sum varieties e.g. samosa, char siew siu, prawn roll, etc

The other set is the English set with Western pastries and sweets, and sandwiches. I quite like the smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich actually. Other than that, the others are not so memorable.

This is pricey at S$42+++, especially since it is non-refillable. I would rather go to Regent Hotel for the Afternoon tea. My favorite place :)

No comments: