Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Christmas @ Starbucks


I love Christmas, and I love the special drinks that Starbucks come up with every time there is a festive season. But Christmas certainly came early in Singapore. Barely after we celebrated Deepavali and Hari Raya Puasa, I saw Christmas trees and other Christmas decorations along City Hall and Orchard Road just last week. Turned out the Christmas Light-up officially started on 12 November 2006. The shops are sure getting people in a spending mood early. With the impending increase of GST (to 7%) next year, no doubt people will be spending like there is no tomorrow, especially on big ticket items.

So yes, Christmas at Starbucks. I just can't resist the peppermint mocha. The usual chocolatey coffee mixed with the minty aftertaste - just delicious. I have been resisting the cakes that came with this season, but I finally caved in and bought a slice of the raspberry swirl cheesecake and had it with the toffee nut latte.

I like the box and packaging for the festive treats :)


The cheesecake is really heavy and the raspberry adds a nice contrast. However I prefer my cheesecake to be lighter so I much prefer Secret Recipe's version or even the one from Coffee Bean. The toffee nut latte is sweet and has a slight nutty taste to it. Give me peppermint mocha anytime though :p

1 comment:

^cherie said...

I love X'mas too! :D

But don't think i'll get to celebrate much this year, let alone, shopping for the pressies given my current state :(