Monday, November 06, 2006

Stuffed Chicken



I have been meaning to blog about this but just didn't have the chance/time.

I have heard about this - stuffed chicken. From Stufit.

The chicken is deboned, stuffed with fragrant rice, and then cooked/roasted to perfection. A nice brown crispy skin. I saw it at the moon cake fair at Takashimaya the day I was to leave for Phuket. I popped by the fair after seeing the doctor and decided to get one chicken for the family to try. It is such a novelty.

I bought the regular chicken with rice, instead of the other version where it is stuffed with raisins, nuts and rice. I never liked rice cooked with fruits and nuts though I realized it is quite common in western countries. I prefer my rice to be savory, not sweet.


It is quite a marvel how they managed to debone and stuff the chicken. Taste wise, the usual chicken rice wins hands down. Still, it is an interesting meal.

You can find more information here: Stufit

2 comments:

celest said...

oh wow, you got to try this! i've been wanting to try this for the longest time, ever since i saw it on some food show on channel 8. did you manage to find out where else this is available? any store/outlet? :)

carolyn said...

I think you can only order for delivery services. Not sure if they have outlets at all. I only chanced upon them at Taka Basement during the fair....maybe they will take part in other food fairs too.

I have added the website addy in the main post.