Saturday, November 18, 2006

Miss Clarity Cafe



I finally found Miss Clarity Cafe after hearing so much about it, but I always forget the address. Only know that it is somewhere near Bugis area. I was walking along Purvis Street thinking of having the Hock Lam Beef Noodle there when there it is - a bright hot pink sign - Miss Clarity Cafe.

It sure wasn't what I expected. It was so "cartoonish" with its bright neon colors and drawn figures. It reminded me of the trend a couple of years back where it is very popular to have female "cartoonish" figures and you see that in a lot of ads or print materials.

It has a wide range of food at reasonable prices and I ordered the set lunch. Crispy chicken, salad and dessert of the day (mango pudding).

The chicken was quite alright, and came with boiled cabbage and roasted potatoes with black pepper sauce. The cabbage didn't leave much to desire. The salad was quite a mish-mash of everything. Thousand island dressing (I dislike Thousand Island dressing) over shredded veggies and it even had chickpeas, cubes of fruits and nuts. Very different. The mango pudding was a disappointment. Tiny and super sweet. I took one bite and left it there and ordered a bread and butter pudding instead. That was served with vanilla ice cream. The pudding was warmed up and was pretty ok, nothing fantastic too.

Miss Clarity Cafe serves average food at affordable prices (below $10 for all items), but I won't be back there in a hurry. Posted by Picasa

No comments: