Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Canada Day Celebration - Teatime

What did I do on Canada Day? Nothing much. Just met Celest for tea/lunch/dinner at the Regent Hotel. It is one of my favorite places for a relaxing afternoon, away from it all. It is fairly quiet and the service was unobtrusive. The spread tend towards the English style with scones and finger sandwiches and desserts. Being the weekend, it has a small selection of hot Asian food. On weekdays it will be just a 3-tiered plate thing.

I am not sure how I got to know of the Tea Lounge at the Regent, but it is probably because of my hunt for a good traditional afternoon English tea of scones and finger sandwiches. The first time I went there was for my birthday in 2001 or so. It was a wonderful way to spend a lazy weekday afternoon, just chilling and enjoying the chatter with friends. Plus it served the most amazing tea - The Prince of Wales. Too bad it is no longer available.

Well, this is what I had. Greedy me. Lol. Then again, it was for 2 meals at least. For once, I like the smoked salmon open-faced sandwich. It is nicely smoked and not too salty at all. The turkey with cranberry pinwheel was good too. I love the creme brulee, the raspberry added a nice contrast to the sweetness.

The scones were gorgeous, especially the chocolate chip version. I like the shanghai noodles, so rare to find it in Singapore. Look and drool :D

No comments: