Monday, July 02, 2007

Tonkichi, Shaw House


I rarely go to Tonkichi at Shaw House though it has been known for its excellent food. The main reason is that it specializes in deep fried food and in pork. Almost every item is pork and I am not a great fan of it.

Met Davis for dinner 2 weeks ago and she chose Tonkichi. I was ok with it since it has been so long since I last went. We had the special - ebi curry on rice, chawanmushi, deep fried fish, croquette, miso ramen and dessert.

It was beautifully done. The prawns, fish and croquette were fried till crispy yet not too oily and wet with the grease. The croquette was so good - I love potatoes. The chawanmushi was fresh and glided down the throat.

The line was horrendously long. We waited close to 40mins just to get a table. Make reservations if you can.

No comments: