Sunday, July 15, 2007

Kaz Bar

This is quite a long overdue post. My 3rd visit to Kaz Bar last year together with Celest so that I can utilize the voucher I won for coming in 2nd in a Middle Eastern/Bellydance costume thing. And even that was a fluke. Nobody really went there dressed in costumes and the organizer got me to wear a headset veil thing and for that I won 2nd place. Haha.

It serves middle eastern food and the decor is reminiscent of a lady's boudoir or a pasha's harem. There are intimate alcoves with beaded curtains, wispy silky drapes and numerous cushions. Or you can also sit by the bar counter or at the regular tables.

The highlight for me is the drink - Lambrini. A light bubbly. Nice.
By now I don't really remember what we ate, but we ordered an appetizer sampler thing. I like the hummous with the pita bread. The mashed eggplants and the falafel were good too. The place is well known for its lamb too.

On Wednesday and towards the end of the week, there is a bellydancer performing 2 sets from 9pm onwards.

Location:
Kaz Bar
25 Church Street, #01-03
Capital Square 3
Tel: 6438 2975

No comments: