Sunday, February 13, 2011

Smashbox Burlesque Collection

I happened to see the Burlesque Collection from Smashbox at Sephora and was immediately smitten by the entire set. For S$99, it seemed like a very good deal as it includes a full size eyeshadow palette in colors which suit me, 2 ended lipgloss, black liquid eyeliner and a small pot of shimmer powder for the face/eyes.


The eyeshadows are very pigmented and a light hand is essential for a day look. It can also be built up to create a dark smoky look for night. Maybe I am not used to using a jet black liquid eyeliner but it certainly defines the eyes so well that I would only use it at night when I want more emphasis on the eyes.

The loose shimmer is Golden Pink and is lovely to add some sparkles on the brows area or to create some light outside the eyes.

Surprisingly I love the lipgloss colors. I use the Cotton Candy when I want to tone down the lips, especially for the day look. And when I want to amp it up, I use the Sparkling Raspberry. It is not bloodred but it certainly adds a new dimension to the lip color.


I simply adore the eyeshadow/liner quad. I use the Shimmery Pink, Shimmery Pink Beige and Deep Eggplant for the eyes and the Cool Grey as the liner. The Cool Grey texture is not powdery. It has a thicker sticky feel which made the color adheres to the edge of the lid better.

The only thing missing from this collection is the blusher. I guess one can always use the loose shimmer powder to double up as a sparkling blusher powder.

This is truly a very good buy, especially if you are living in the States as it is actually going for only US$35 for this set. Yes, Sephora in Singapore has done a ridiculously high mark up at S$99.

No comments: