Thursday, February 03, 2011

Happy Rabbit Year ~ Chanel Look

Happy Lunar New Year! It is the year of the Rabbit. May it bring abundance of good fortune and joy to everyone.

After dithering over the Chanel Spring 2011 Collection, particularly the Limited Edition Ombres Perlees de Chanel Eyeshadow Palette, for a few days, I finally decided to just bite the bullet and get it. Thankfully it was still available when I made the decision as it was completely sold out at the regular stores within days of launching. I had to get mine at DFS and there were only a few pieces left.


One reason I was hesitant to get it was the colors looked very light on me. Then I read that it was inspired by the iridescent glow of pearls, which the entire Spring collection is built on, and so it was supposed to be a pearlized effect.

I do love all the colors in there and the texture was amazing. Almost like cream and powder. Apparently it had silicone ingredients in there to achieve it. I will be using this for CNY Day 1 visiting.

I also like the rest of the collection, especially the Black Pearl nail polish and the lipstick (Jersey Rose, Flamboyante) and lipgloss (Nakkar) and another limited edition item - Powder compact (Rose Merveille).

No comments: