Sunday, February 06, 2011

Spa D'or, Raffles City

After resisting signing up for packages at spas, I finally caved in and took up a mini package (5 sessions) at Spa D'or in Raffles City outlet. I was one of the customers who was hit by the spate of spas closure, starting with Wellness Village at Pan Pacific Singapore. So I was a bit leery of signing packages with spas which specialize in running many promotions. But the price was right and it was just for 5 sessions, so hopefully it will not close down.

There are two outlets with the main one in Orchard Hotel Shopping Arcade. I always passed by the main outlet when I used to go to Elements Spa over there, but somehow never tried it. The outlet at Raffles City is much smaller, with only 4-5 rooms, and so it is pretty cramped.

It is quite a no-frills sort of place with no locker or place to put your things. There is a hanger for your clothes to be placed on the hook, plus a stool for your bag, and that was it.

I was lucky to get a therapist who did not chatter incessantly and actually know what she was doing.

I think for a basic massage at a decent price, Spa D'or fits the bill. Don't go expecting a nice place with a relaxing ambience. I find this is a place which is solely meant for a quick fix right in town.

With all the promotions Spa D'or is running, it can be quite trying to get someone to answer the phone or get an appointment. So maybe I will not renew my package after it is over.

No comments: