Saturday, February 17, 2007

1st Birthday Dinner of 2007 - 10 Feb 07


It was Japanese food for the first birthday dinner of the year with Sheryn. I think she is always the one to ask me way in advance what I want. I told her a man. Haha. She has not fulfilled that yet but she got me a purple nightie instead :p

I really had no idea what I wanted to try this year, so based on the few choices she gave me, I selected Sun with Moon Dining at Wheelock Place. Last year, we went to Brazil Churrascaria. The year before, it was at Coffee Club outside California Fitness Orchard. In 2004, it was afternoon tea at Scotts Lounge. We met in 2003.

Anyway, we were famished as I only had brunch of "brek of day" from Coffee Bean that day, and I didn't even finish the entire plate. Only had the toast and some scrambled eggs and sausages.
We ordered lots for the two of us. I didn't take picture of everything as I was tired. Lol. So we started with sushi. We had the rolls - avocado or mango wrapped sushi with some crab meat or tuna inside. Also tried the rice paper rolls of avocado and eel.

There were also the beef wrapped around scallops and mushrooms with asparagus. I like that. The gratin thing of chicken with cheese and curry on a hot pot was a bit too salty, quite disappointed. The softshelled crab was salty too. The rice pot thing of eel is good. Very flavorful rice.

So we had all that between the two of us. Hehe. Good thing the portions came in European style of just a few pieces - not huge quantity.

No comments: