Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Old Songs

Maybe I have been listening to old songs or songs of my time - the 80s and early 90s. Power98 has been playing them now, with an hour of "retro" music at night and then on and off during the morning and day.

Anyhow, some songs started playing in my head. Diana Ross, Bette Midler, Johnny Hates Jazz, etc. OMG! I am old now. Haha. Perfect 10 98.7 is too noisy for me. I specifically requested my colleagues not to play that station as it is too noisy for me to concentrate on work as the radio is next to me :p So now it is on Class 95. Still not my fave station but at least it is tolerable.

A few of my fave "old" songs:
Gift of Love - Bette Midler
When You Tell Me You Love Me - Diana Ross
If We Hold On - Diana Ross
Lost in Your Eyes - Debbie Gibson
Africa - Toto
Kokomo - Beach Boys
Two Steps Behind - Def Leppard
Creep - Radiohead
Straight Up - Paula Abdul
All This Time - Tiffany
Babe - Take That
Shout - Tears for Fears
Total Eclipse of the Heart - Westlife/Bonnie Tyler
Valentine - Martina McBride
Hard to say I am sorry - Chicago
Manic Monday - Bangles
All This Time - Tiffany
Can't Take My Eyes Off You
Fading Like A Flower - Roxette
Fallen - Lauren Woods
Orinoco Flow - Enya
Angelia - Richard Marx
Superwoman - Karyn White
You're The Inspiration - Chicago

There are lots more but I can't recall them now. Of course I love all songs by NKOTB, Tommy Page, Jason Donovan, Kylie Minogue...the teeny boppers time. Ahhhh....memories of real pop music. Diet of UK music, espeically by SAW productions. Lol. Who can forget Big Fun, Sonia, Bros, JD, KM, Rick Astley, etc. The lip synching incident of Milli Vanilli. Vanilla Ice (hey, I actually went to his concert on my own :p), Paul Lekakis (he's so cute!), Kon Kan, Fine Young Cannibals, Madonna, Samantha Fox, Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, Belinda Carlisle, Bananarama...

Nostalgia indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love retro earworms! Also like a couple of the listed songs but may have chosen a different song (or multiple songs) by the artists.