Sunday, March 25, 2007

Barbie Loves MAC - The Pictures


Here it is...the collage of pictures of the Barbie Loves MAC Spring Launch 2007 Campaign. Feast your eyes on the real-life "Barbie" dolls at the Doll House. Barbie is being politcally correct by including women of all sizes and colors. One of the "dolls" looked like Alicia Silverstone. The "Ken" dolls were a bit of a disappointment though. They looked like kids! Young school boys (to me) :p

The Barbie vanity table with the mirror is so sweet - I wonder what they did with it after the event is over. Dispose it? Give it to staff? Sell it off? I'm sure there will be people who would want to buy. Unfortunately I seriously doubt it can be sold - marketing budget, mess with their accounting system. No SKU for it.

It is actually custom-made. Just buy some basic vanity dresser table with mirror. Paint the entire thing black, then add pink squiggles as design. Easy peasy. Needs a steady hand though. Same for the cushioned stool.

Amazingly, I only bought 3 items from this collection - Fab blush (looked dark brown in pan, but a lovely rosy hue on me - can be a bit too red if heavy-handed), Springtime Skipper (light green color which is very spring-like and fresh - brightens up the eyes immediately) and Moth Brown (greyish brown, great for a smokey look or to define the eye)

Barbie Moth Brown is different from the Moth Brown released earlier with Madame B 2005 Spring collection. That was greyish-plumy, hence I didn't get it then cos I have too many purple shades. Instead I bought 2 other green shades and 1 purple. I realized I always buy green shades from MAC collection launch - green shades again from Lure (or whatever collection that was - bait, hook and lure?)

I wanted the Don't Be Shy blusher but it was not sold in Singapore (only at DFS airport or town as it was carried by Nuance-Watson). But someone just helped me buy 2 x DBS blushers from Bangkok. So yay! It was absolutely fantastic! I was beyond impressed and speechless as it seemed like DBS was OOS in so many places and the person managed to find it. Last piece from 2 different shops in Bangkok. Talk about perserverance!


No comments: