Monday, March 19, 2007

Designer-clad Barbie Dolls!

Barbie has arrived in town, and it was launched in a big way. Barbie Loves MAC - a brilliant marketing collaboration between MAC cosmetics house and Mattel. It has been a long time since there was such a huge fanfare for a spring launch by a cosmetics brand. I would be guessing the advertising/marketing budget is close to $100K or more. The ads taken out on radio (Power98), newspapers, magazines and direct mailers, plus tie-ups with Citibank/Tangs cards and CLEO magazine.

Besides a Barbie Doll House at the Atrium of VivoCity, there is a small gallery of limited edition Barbie Dolls, wearing designer clothes.

Barbie Dolls - almost every girl has owned a doll before. Dressing her up and down, wearing the gorgeous outfits and shoes, accessories, etc. Fodder to fuel a child's imagination. I remembered making simple dresses for my barbie dolls (I had two - and they were my precious then), making pillows for them to sleep on. I even had a bedroom suite which could be changed into an office space for my career barbie doll, in her pink suit. Now that I think about it, it looked like Legally Blonde. Lol.

Well, I was down on Saturday (17 March 2007) to catch the real-life barbie dolls and I took some pictures of the actual dolls.

Top (L-R): Burberry Barbie, Juicy Couture Barbie
Bottom (L-R): Givenchy Barbie, don't remember who the designer is, MAC Barbie

I love the Juicy Couture Barbie Doll. I think I love the color combi more than anything. Lime green with hot pink. Yummy!

No comments: