Sunday, March 11, 2007

Decleor Institut, Raffles Hotel

I just went for my Radiance facial treatment at Decleor Institut at Raffles Hotel today. Apparently it really works! My gfs commented my face was really radiant. Personally I couldn't tell at all. It looked the same to me. With the instant radiance boost, the skin is supposed to remain radiant for 3 weeks. So we shall see how long it lasts.

I love the ambience at Decleor Institut. The staff is really professional. Drink will be served when you enter. After filling in all the necessary forms, you will be led into a room. The room is spacious with piped in music and dimmer. The therapist will explain the procedure to you and ask you to change and then lie on the bed while waiting.

Decleor signature facial treatment includes a upper back massage, hand massage and acupressure, drainage and facial massage, plus masking and exfoliation.

My treatment for that day was a promotion - radiance facial and vitalizing eye treatment. It didn't include the facial or hand massage. I topped up the amount and got the full works.

I like that the bed is heated, so you are warm lying face down, while waiting for the upper back massage. The only gripe I have is the attach-able face cushion for the head to rest on. There is a bowl of water with fake flowers floating on it to relax your vision and take you away from the worries of the world. I also like that the therapist will place a hot water bottle on your back while massaging. The hot water bottle will also be placed on your tummy during the facial.

For the facial treatment, the face cushion will be detached and head will be rested on the bed itself. The bed is those flexible type where the end will be raised so that your legs are rested at an angle. The head/upper body will be slightly raised too, almost creating a wide "V-shaped" of the bed.

Besides the usual cleansing, the exfoliation of skin was gentle rubbing of the "leave-on" mask. Enzymes infused exfoliator left on face for a while before the rubbing off. There was lots of massages on the face and eye area (the eye treatment includes back massage, drainage and massaging of eye area). The facial ended off with 2 masks. They do not use the usual steamer or extraction. (I requested for no extraction). The therapist will use hot towels to clean the face and hold it above the face to lightly "steam" it too. Similar to the Peter Thomas Roth style.

The therapist then applied the instant radiance serum/lotion on the face. That is supposed to last for 3 weeks. Decleor is well known for its essential oil, and the massaging was done using the aromessence and balm.

I am not so sure about the products as I am perfectly happy with what I am using now. But to get radiant skin....hmmm....can consider going there once in a while, especially for the eye treatment.

No comments: