Saturday, October 03, 2009

Tully's Coffee & Quiznos Sub, Orchard Central

I probably had my sequence of food wrong but I just decided to have coffee and cake first since I got there around 5pm and it would be another hour or more before meeting friend for dinner.

I settled down with a book and a cup of caramel machiato and a slice of chocolate truffle cake. It was heavenly. To simply cosy up on a comfy chair with a good book, and great coffee and cake.

I was lucky to step into Tully's Coffee when they were grinding the beans as the place was infused with the intense aroma of fresh coffee beans. It was so aromatic that even if I was not in the mood for coffee, I would be upon smelling such tempting, teasing scent.

The coffee was topped with really whipped foamy milk that the foam did not dissipate at all, even after an hour or so. It was good strong coffee tempered with the sweetness of caramel. The chocolate truffle cake was made with good chocolate and was equally good.

I was pretty excited to see they used Ghirardelli chocolate for their beverage. Hmmm....good chocolate = good drinks.

Dinner means the sub from Quiznos. I decided to try the mesquite chicken on brown (whole wheat) bread and cheese broccoli soup. It was good too. The chicken was very tender and there were lots of veggies in the sub. The soup was too rich and cheesey though it tasted good when I dipped the bread into it.

I simply want to try all the subs from Quiznos, and the coffee too. I hope the quality will remain as they continue to expand in Singapore. The next outlet to open will be in Square 2 in Novena area.

No comments: