Monday, May 01, 2006

Chips, chips and more chips

If I am to compare chocolates with chips, chocolates will always win hands down. I much prefer sweet stuff rather than savory. However I do like to satisfy my chips craving, to savor the salty sensations of chips.

I grew up with Pringles and Jack n Jill potato chips. I believe there is still a discriminary picture of me digging into the can of Pringles and stuffing my face with chips when I was 3? Thank God the picture is not with me, so no, I doubt anyone will ever see that :p

I tend to prefer Sour Cream and Onion or Salsa or Spicy flavored chips. I do not really like Lays or Ruffles as they are too salty for my taste. Maybe that also explained why I rarely buy chips when in Canada. I stock more cookies in the larder instead! (Maple cookies, anyone?)

The only "chips" I like when in Canada was SunChips French Onion multigrain snacks. That was really good. Crunchy and tasty, plus of course the multigrains made it seem like it is a healthy snack :p




Recently I discovered Red Rock Deli chips from Australia, and I love it! It comes in so many flavors which are not run of the mill. My current fave is the lime & black pepper chips. The tangyness coupled with the peppery contrasted nicely. I popped into Candy Empire yesterday and found more flavors. I bought Thai Lime & Ginger (interesting taste - limey with sweet ginger) and Dijon mustard & Honey. I have not tried that yet, will probably do so within the week. Sweet Chili & Sour Cream was quite alright, nothing fantastic.

No comments: