Sunday, May 28, 2006

Unleashing the Shopaholic

How dangerous it is to be on a shopping ban. While the concept is good, the result may be less than desirable. There seemed to always be a backlash. After a long period of not spending, one can go crazy and spend lots in a moment. I guess I am effectively off the shopping ban now, and I am browsing and spending. Very bad. I am still trying to keep to the no clothes ban, but the lemmings have been stirred for cosmetics again.

Maybe reading magazines are a bad idea, they tempt you too much. I stopped reading/buying the women's mags, and the only mags I read nowadays are work-related - CFO Asia, CIO Asia, MIS Asia, MIS Tech, Computerworld Singapore...boring stuff. Unlike last year when I had to read Cleo, Female, Style, Her World, 8 Days, FHM, Seventeen, etc for work...ahh...such hardship :p

Well, today I was reading Style and Singapore Women Weekly while having a pedicure at my fave place The Good Earth Nail Spa. I was tempted by the colors from MAC Lure, Hook and Bait collection. The greens were so lovely! So now on my makeup shopping list, I will be getting the summer duo blush from Stila, the eyeshadows from MAC, and I still want MAC Sweetiecake collection too. Die! And I need to find something (at least $50 worth) to get from Paul & Joe.

Then Celest told me about the VS Sale where the body products are at US$29.99 for 7 items. That is so cheap, as usually the lowest is 5 items for US$30 or something like that. So I am combining purchases with Davis for that. I am getting 4 items while she is getting 3.

So I am getting VS My Desire, Strawberries & Champagne and trying 2 new LE fragrances - Grapefruit Kiss and Pomegranate Pleasures.

Description:
My Desire - A romantic affair of grapefruit, jasmine and mango, with a hint of vanilla musk.
Grapefruit Kiss - From our limited-edition Pure Paradise collection. Give your skin a taste of the exotic with this ultra-refreshing, moisturizing wash, scented with grapefruit and papaya.
Pomegranate Pleasures - Bliss in a bottle. Escape to a tropical paradise with this luxuriously rich lotion, scented with pomegranate, honeyberry and verbena.
Strawberries & Champagne - An intoxicating blend of strawberry, hyacinth, cassis, white flowers and sandalwood.

They all sound so lovely. I just adore citrusy scents which are so refreshing and perk you up instantly.

4 comments:

celest said...

i took a whiff of all the regular scents at the VS store when i was there - personally find "my desire" a tad bit too strong. "strawberries" is good. guess i'm still very much a pro-packaging girl, the new range didn't look as pretty, so i didn't bother to try those scents :P the garden collection is really cheap now, good time to stock up :)

carolyn said...

Oh no. Oh well, I just want to try My Desire. I like the name. Hehe. Strawberries & Champagne is ok, not really my fave scent. It is still the Enchanted Apple which was discontinued in 2000. :(

celest said...

who knows, maybe you'd like "my desire". i'm interested in "grapefruit kiss"... can bring it out to let me smell when your loot arrives? :P did you get the lotion or shower gel?

carolyn said...

Sure, I can do that. I got the shower gel. I only use Crabtree lotion, remember? :p