Monday, August 20, 2007

Ladies Afternoon Tea @ Regent


We went to the Regent for afternoon tea on Saturday as a belated birthday gathering for Tanny as Agnes only came back from her trip to Japan the weekend before. It was tea but we started at 130pm and stayed there till 5pm, gossiping the afternoon away.

So it was like a 1-meal affair for most of us since some of us slept in and thus skipped brekkie and 130pm was like lunch time. Regent is always nice for its "quiet" location. I like the cosy feel of the place, which was made to resemble a library in an English home. The fried chicken wings were back and they were so good! Crispy and slightly spicy. I didn't have much this time. And I was pretty good in not trying all the desserts (maybe because I tried them previously already).

It was quite interesting to note the topics for the day ranged from pregnancy (Agnes is expecting her first child, and Davis and Sherie are already yummy mummies) to makeup to bags to clothes to everything under the sky :p It was quite rare to get all of us together and our friendship has lasted since we met in end 2004.

The next gathering will be for my "farewell" next month. Food for the day will be local. We are going to Straits Kitchen. Nice! I have not been there since last year when I was there with Irene to celebrate my birthday. I can start daydreaming about the Indian dishes and the nasi padang stuff. Yummy!

One thing I noticed yesterday was that it seemed like most of us are carrying a designer bag :p 2 YSLs, 1 Prada, 1 Burberry, 1 Le Sportsac Tokidoki and others.

No comments: