Sunday, November 22, 2009

L'Entrepot Bistrot

We decided to go French and went to L'Entrepot Bistrot over at Clarke Quay for dinner. We sat inside and the decor was simple but tasteful. The service was very slow though. They were not prompt in giving us the menus or serving us drinks. Fortunately the food came out at the same time and were pretty decent. I was beginning to worry it would be awful food too. The bread rolls with butter. The bread was a bit on the sour side, yet it was not really sourdough bread. The butter made it much more palatable, and I used it to mop up the gravy from my main.
The duck confit which was quite nice. I still would not order it as I am just not a duck person. But everyone else were raving about it as not being as fatty as other places.

The french onion soup. I do love the emmental cheese which covered the bowl and stuck onto a think slice of crispy toast. It was very nice.



The broth was a bit on the thin side and could be better. It was not the best french onion soup I ever had. Hediard had a better broth and onions texture though L'Entrepot Bistrot had better cheese and toast.


The tiger prawn salad which was pretty tasty. The prawns were huge and the dressing was nice too.


The boeuf bourguignon (beef burgundy) which I ordered. The chunky beef pieces were tender and had a beefy taste. The gravy reminded me of bovril. The mushrooms were also infused with the heady beefy juices.

The cod which was quite nice too. Crispy skin and soft meat, not overly done at all.


The lamb shank which was a bit too gamey for me even though it was also tender and not dry or tough at all.
<>
Would I go back again? Maybe, but it is not a place I would rave about. For French food, I still prefer Au Petit Salut (though the head chef has left and I do not know if the standard has changed). Then again, I am not usually a big fan of French food :p

No comments: