Thursday, November 19, 2009

Nectarine, Clarke Quay

We went to Nectarine for dessert after our dinner at L'Entrepot Bistrot. We sat outside and some of us people-watched :p Being night time and outdoor, the lighting is very bad for photo-taking, especially my "need to be retired" camera.
The cakes which we shared and the tea for Celest. I noticed they would refill it with hot water, so that was pretty good.

The strawberry shortcake which I did not really like. I found the sponge cake part had a floury aftertaste where bits of the cake would settle on the tongue. The girls said it was the Japanese version but I just felt it was strange. That aftertaste made me feel like it was not cooked well :p I like my sponge cake to be normal ~ light and fluffy and would melt into your mouth.


The Chicago cheesecake was really dense and rich. This was definitely meant to be shared and this was similar to those served in North America.

Nectarine is well known for its waffles. Two were ordered. This was with maple syrup and vanilla pod ice cream. The vanilla ice cream was not really made with vanilla pod but with essence (after a baking expert tasted it ;p) but the maple syrup was real maple with its woodsy strong sweet aroma wafting around us. The waffle was crispy and warm and very nicely done.

The other waffles came with chocolate sauce and baileys ice cream. That was very nice too, especially for those who love baileys ice cream. Very strong alcohol in there.

Another order was for the strawberry sherbet which was super sweet that it seemed to be purely sugar and water. I had the hot chocolate which was pretty good. Rich and creamy with a thick foam on it. Initially I thought it was quite tasteless as I never thought to stir it. All the chocolate was at the bottom of the cup. It was much better after I discovered that and stirred it up.




No comments: