Saturday, November 28, 2009

Oriole Cafe, Pan Pacific Service Apartment

I have heard good things about the Oriole Cafe over at the Pan Pacific Service Apartment along Somerset Road and finally get the chance to pop by for lunch last month. Most of the food item is priced at $15 or under, making it pretty affordable.

Celest decided to have the fish chowder. I thought it was a bit on the bland side and it was not a thick chowder broth.
We shared the beef cheek tagliatelle which seemed to be a "must-try" from several reviews. While the beef cheek was tender and the pasta was al dente, I felt it was so-so. It was not bad, not was it something to rave about. I would say Au Petit Salut at Dempsey does a better version.

We also ordered the fish and chips to share. This was much better. Fresh fish lightly coated in batter and fried to a crisp. The chips were superb with its blend of herbs and a nice touch was the roasted garlic.


Another rave from the reviews was the coffee. I had the cappuccino and it was strong and good. I love the attention to detail and the foam art the barista took the time to create. Sweet.



No comments: