Friday, August 20, 2010

EwF @ Orchard Central

I have read about EwF (Everything with Fries) in the papers and passed by it a few times, and only got to try the food today. I was amazed by the burger. It sure exceeded my expectation.

I chose the meal ~ super burger + curry fries + diet coke. Then I added a nutella slice. I liked that they offered chili sauce, ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise as condiments. It was pretty cute to have the food served on a small tray, almost like a bento box. The curry fries were cooked after I ordered and was hot but it cooled down really fast. I did not particularly like the curry fries (curry powder). Maybe I should just ordered the salt and vinegar version which was the other popular choice.

The container for the burger which looked like a take-out box. I guessed this is quite in line with Awfully Chocolate's container for their ice cream. EwF is opened by the people who own Awfully Chocolate.

Voila! The sweet bun with a glossy buttery shine. It was also only cooked after I placed my order. I was not sure if that was the norm or it was because I went there around 1.20pm and it was not very crowded.

A simple burger with cheese, sweet onions, ketchup and mustard over the 130 grams of beef patty.
I so loved the burger. The bun was soft and fluffy. The beef patty was warm and juicy. You could see the thickness of the patty and how the beef was not overly packed together and hard like the usual patty from the various fast food.

My dessert ~ nutella slice. It was warmed up in the microwave so that chocolate would melt into a gooey mess.

As with Awfully Chocolate, the nutella slice was not overly sweet at all. In fact I wondered if there was any sugar. The crust was nice and crunchy. The body of the slice tasted like a non-sweet pudding or flourless cake and topped with chocolate sauce which had a hint of bittersweet to it. In fact, I could hardly taste the nutella hazelnut.

I would love to go back again and try the milkshake and have the burger again. This is so much better than the sliders served at so many other places.

No comments: