Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Texas Chicken, United Square

Do you remember Texas Chicken (or Church's Chicken as known in North America)? Frankly I could not remember Texas Chicken when it used to be in Singapore, unless it was the one at Wisma Atria many years ago.

I finally got to try Texas Chicken when it opened its second outlet at United Square (not UE Square ~ I don't know why but many people mixed these up). I ordered the 2 piece meal with mashed potatoes as my side. It also came with a biscuit. I chose the original chicken, instead of spicy.

The original chicken had a crispy batter over the skin and was slightly spicy. Friends who tried the spicy version said it was super spicy and "shiok". The chicken was not fatty and the meat was tender. Hmmm....I would prefer it if the skin was not covered with the batter. In this aspect, I preferred KFC original skin.

The mashed potato was very average and seemed to be out of a mix. It was thick and gooey, I would think more milk/liquid was needed to smoothen it out. Popeye's has better mashed potato. The highlight was the biscuit. It was warm and soft and buttery. It was so good I could eat a few of that. It was not dry like Popeye's where you had the jam to smother it.

No comments: