Monday, August 23, 2010

Roast Pig on Spitfire

I was invited to a party where the highlight was a pig roasted whole on a spitfire. It was quite a sight to see the small or medium size hog being trussed up and being rotated manually over the hot coals.

The pig had been roasted for about 4-5 hours when this was taken. It took about 6 hours before it was done. Inside the pig, they stuffed 3 whole chickens inside. There were apples and onions and garlics in there too.

Not a big fan of pork, I only tried a bite or so. I did not really like it as it was too "porky" for my taste. Plus it was dark and I did not know what I ate. Some bits were very fatty tasting, probably I got the fatty bits :p

The chicken was tender and normal. What I liked best was the garlic bread which was toasted over the coals and spread with home-made garlic butter. Utterly sinfully delicious. The potato salad was mixed with hardboiled eggs and gerkins which gave a refreshing crunch.

Awesome house party with simple fare and great company and music and alcohol.

No comments: