Sunday, June 17, 2007

Canele

I went to Canele at Robertson Walk with Sheryn for some tea and desserts. I like the place, cosy with fabulous desserts. I love the boxes - pink and black! I like :D
I was all chocolate out from the desserts I have been having the past few days. Bad me. So we ordered Strawberry Shortcake and a Rose Meringue to try. I had the Sweet Meadows tea (a fusion of camomile and thyme lemon) which was really good. Soothing, relaxing.

The strawberry shortcake was so good! Moist sponge cake with cream which was not too rich or buttery yet with a slightly heavy texture. The strawberries were a mixture of tart and sweetness, making it a refreshing change on the palate. Nice!

The rose meringue was super sweet. It reminded me of the icing on the small button biscuits which you could buy back in the good old days at the local bakery stores. We didn't finish the meringue at all as we just got that to try and taste.
The other cakes looked so tantalizing. I would definitely want to try other stuff some time and to try the macaroons too. I am on a macaroon hunt now :p
Location:
11 Unity Street, #01-09
Robertson Walk
Singapore 237995
Tel: (65) 6738-8145
http://www.canele.com.sg
Other branch
B1-25 Paragon
290 Orchard Road
Tel: (65) 6733-8893

No comments: