Sunday, June 24, 2007

Glimpse of Me

Ok I have nothing better to do. So decided to post this pic of a section of my bedroom. This is taken on 31 May 2007.

Welcome to my inner sanctuary. It is messy now as I keep adding more things (read = shopaholic).
Bedsheets - most would recognize it as being from IKEA. Quite common.
Clock - yes, I took the picture about 10mins to midnight. It is a clock shaped like an alarm clock and is an Alice in Wonderland design. I bought it in Canada, so I brought it back with me when I came back to Singapore.
Laptop - my new Samsung Q35. The ladies laptop which was featured in red previously. This is a newer version and only came in silver. So boring. But I like the small size - 12" only. I have on a chat window (not sure who I was chatting with - don't remember the pic) and the webpage is CC as some may recognize.

The bottom shelf is my mini alcohol "cabinet". I keep my stash there. It shares space with my essential oils and massage oils.

The top and middle shelves are home to my soft toys. Hey, at least I don't have them on my bed. They used to reside on my bed. Now only cushions and pillows are allowed on bed.
Soft toys - maybe I don't really have them when I was younger, so I kept these, which I got when I was 16/17 and older. Still a child at heart :p The frog (Hot Fudge) was a farewell gift from Ginger when I left for Canada. The mouse (Strawberry Sundae) was also a farewell gift from my cousins. It has traveled with me across the Pacific Ocean many times as I took it along in the plane every time I flew. Next to the Hot Fudge is a Care Bear (Tenderheart) which was a Christmas gift when I was 10. It was stored in its clear plastic bag and tucked into the closet. I only took it out a few years back. Hence its pristine condition. The pig next to it is a Christmas gift from my nephew a few years back too.

The dog is a gift from Yiyong in Canada, not sure if it was meant as a Christmas gift or what. The tiny bear with GUND attached is a graduation gift from Peter (probably lost in the wilderness of Peru, no one has heard from him in ages). Behind that is the Graduation Bear from SFU which I bought to celebrate. The bear in the center with a frame of yellow roses is a birthday gift from my sister. She went to Harrods in London and bought it for me and shipped it over. The cost of shipping actually cost more than the bear itself! The bear next to it with a scarf is a bear from

La Senza which I bought in Canada during the Christmas season. I think it was for a good cause.

The bear on the other side wearing a red sweater is a gwp for buying Giorgio Beverly Hills fragrance. The rest of the soft toys are miscellaneous purchases.

Phew! That is a long description of my babies. The figurines spelling out my name is my birthday present from a gf. The ceramic Angel jewelry container was a present from the Australian family whom I stayed with. Close family friends of my godma, and they owned a garden statues factory/workshop. They also own a farm up in the Adelaide Hills. Coolness.

There are my 4 Tocca candles which I ordered from Beauty Habit and the Decleor body lotion - a freebie and I have not opened it. You can also see my tower of CDs. Yes, I still buy CDs, then ripped them into mp3 to be played in my mini ipod.

Moving on to the low table, I like my Sony stereo which is tuned to FM Power 98. Music and Lyrics CD is inside. I like that it comes with a remote so I can switch it on and off as I like. The huge picture collage was a farewell gift from friends in Canada. Really touched by that as it contained pictures of us "Viva gang" and also my stay from beginning till end. Sweet. The picture just in front of that was taken at my sister's wedding dinner. And the one before it was my graduation picture with the Viva gang.

There are many candles and tealights scattered on the low table. They are lit when I want to chill. The "swan" and burner are used when I want to relax and breathe in the soothing vapors of the essential oils. The crystal tealight globe was a Christmas gift Norie bought for me on her first trip to Sweden with Stefan.

The frame containing the silhoutte was of me when I was 19. That was done in Disney World in Orlando, Florida. Look like me? No? The bigger photo frame was a Christmas gift during the "snatch Christmas gift exchange" at Norie's party in 2006. The very top was a pic of Jenny and I in Cameron Highlands. Below that was of Geri and I during our D&D in 2005. Next to that was the very first time I met the girls from CC - dinner organized by Agnes. Above that was at Via Mar, half the people from the 1st outing was there. My close friends :)

There is the turquoise case with the polka dot ribbon. I bought that only for the case. Inside it contained the La Source hand therapy cream, cuticle cream and gloves from Crabtree and Evelyn. All untouched. That was a Limited Edition case to celebrate International Women Day.

Behind the stereo is the vase I bought in Bangkok Chatuchak Market during my first visit. It is made of mango wood. Not meant to store water - I tried and it kinda became damp, and the white lilies I put in became stained with the woodcolor. So now it only contained the fake/dried flowers which I bought from IKEA. Peeking out from behind the big photo frame is a purple @ clock which I bought in Australia. It is no longer working, hence it is being chucked behind.

Ok, that is all I think. A very lengthy description of my little slice of heaven in my room.

I've no idea why the spaces between lines are not showing.

No comments: